Trekking Summit Mount Rinjani via Sembalun village 2 days 1 night start on 1.156 m above sea level to crater rim Sembalun on 2.639m and camp night here, early morning next day start climb to Summit 3.726m and return to crater rim and Sembalun village.
Trekking Mount Rinjani Summit 2 days itinerary :
After an early breakfast we depart Senaru and travel by 4WD vehicle to Sembalun. We register at the Rinjani Information Centre in Sembalun (1,156 m) before commencing our trek. The trail initially passes through undulating open grasslands as it winds up the mountain. We stop at Pos 1 and Pos 2, pausing for rest breaks and snacks. At Pos 3 (1,800 m) we stop for a longer break for lunch. After lunch we commence the steep climb up the crater rim. We camp the night at Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639 m) with amazing views of the sunset, Lake Segara Anak, the summit of Mount Rinjani and Northern Lombok.
We wake at 3am for a light breakfast before commencing the challenging three hour trek to the summit (3,726 m). We arrive in time for sunrise, the best time to enjoy the spectacular views. Returning to our campsite on the crater rim we stop for a hot breakfast and a rest before commencing our return trek to Sembalun. We pause for lunch at Pos 2 or 3 and arrive in Sembalun in the early afternoon, from where you will be transported to your next destination.
Trekking Mount Rinjani Summit 2 days programs include the following:
- Pick up from your designated location within Lombok and transfer to Senaru
- Accommodation in a comfortable hotel in Senaru for one night prior to commencing your trek
- Quality camping equipment: tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, toilet tents and ground sheets
- An experienced English speaking guide and professional porters
- Entrance fee to the national park
- All meals, snacks and drinks during your trek
- Transfer at the conclusion of your trek to your next destination within Lombok